Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
Secondary Media & Resource Center
OLL Library Card Catalog
- OLL Library – Online Card Catalog – Onsite access
- OLL Library – Online Card Catalog – Offsite access
- Or use the DestinyQuest app to search the catalog on your school iPad
Almanacs, Dictionaries, Thesaurus, & Encyclopedias
- Information Please Almanac
- Kid Info – “Your Guide to the Best Almanacs Available Online”
- Merriam-Webster Online
- Encyclopedia Smithsonian
- Fact Monster
- Kid Info – “Your Guide to the Best Encyclopedias Available Online”
- World Book Online for Kids
- Bibliographic Assistance
- Biographical Assistance
General Fun Facts
Online Resource Databases NOTE: Have your Michigan Library Card available to login.
- Google Scholar
- New York Times
- Students have access to current, full text magazine and journal articles. Just follow the instructions below:
Go to EBSCO Host
EBSCO Host requires a Userid and password.
The OLL Subscription Userid and password can be found here. You must be logged into your ollonline.org email account to access the link.
You can also set up a personalized login id to utilize your school Google account.
To do this, you will need to sign into EBSCO with the School subscription userid and password first and then click on the “Sign in” and select Google Account, fill in your school email account information and accept the notifications information.
The next time you sign into EBSCO, you will be able to use your Google Account.
Standardized Test Online Practice
- The ACT (American College Testing Service)
US Government Information
- USA Government information and services
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (Occupational Outlook Handbook + Employment Info)
- HyperHistory Online
Oakland County Library Listings For your local library listings, addresses, phone numbers, and web address, please open the following link and look under the Department tab:
Using the Internet for Research – follow the link for more information.
For information on how to write a research paper see the following:
http://www.factmonster.com/homework click on “Writing ” under the “Skills” column and scroll down to “How to Write a Research Paper”.
For more assistance please see the Media Center Librarian.