Our Lady of the Lakes Kindergarten program brings together the basic reading, math, science exploration and social skills to prepare students for success throughout their elementary education experience. Students are engaged and grow with a rich Catholic faith experience throughout their daily activities.
I am incredibly impressed on how nurturing and caring the kindergarten teacher is with my child. She is very academically inclined and always has new ways of using technology in the classroom.
She teaches wonderfully and I love that she teaches us about God.
Age and Admission Requirements:
Students must be 5 by September 1 to enroll in kindergarten. In addition, a student must demonstrate readiness as measured by a standardized developmental assessment and must have an Our Lady of the Lakes Social Readiness Assessment completed. Students that do not meet this requirement are to have a waiver as submitted by his or her parent for admission.
Parent Volunteer Requirements: Parents are required to complete 25 credits within the Our Lady of the Lakes mandatory Laker Credit parent volunteer program. Click here to learn more about our Laker Credit program. Parents are not required to volunteer in the classroom specifically, but are welcome to participate with projects and celebrations as scheduled by the classroom teacher. Classroom volunteers are required to complete the Protecting God’s Children course and a background check.
Kindergarten offerings include:
- Highly qualified State certified teacher
- Full day class
- Elementary school uniform required
- 1 to 1 iPads use to extend our learning opportunities
- Communication to parents through weekly news, individual progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences
- Weekly Mass
- Religious instruction, values and virtues integrated throughout
- Educational enrichment opportunities to extend our curriculum
- Art, Computer, Media, Music, Spanish and Physical Education classes attended each week
- Hot lunch program available