On October 28, 1956, ground was broken for a new grade school on the church property of Our Lady of the Lakes Parish in Waterford. Two years later, the first classes began with grades 5-8. Each year the school added a new upper grade until the High School was complete. In June of 1962, the first graduating class celebrated commencement.

In 1985 the community had grown so much, it outgrew its current church building and ground was broken for a new church to be built on the property. The school, too, grew to the point it became necessary to add four classrooms, a commons area and a second gymnasium. These new additions were opened during the 1992 school year.

Today, Our Lady of the Lakes Catholic School continues to demonstrate a commitment to shaping the future at Lakes providing an education focused on skills necessary to be successful in the 21st century. Internet connections have been upgraded to support three computer labs as well as a newly implemented one-to-one iPad program that is run on a state-of-the-art wireless network throughout the school.