Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as children of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission.
Baptism is performed at 2 p.m. generally on the 1st & 3rd Sundays of the month, some exceptions apply.
- At least one of the parents must be Catholic.
- Either the parents or one of the Grandparents must be a registered member of Our Lady of the Lakes parish.
- At least one of the Godparents must be Catholic and any non-Catholic must be baptized in a Christian faith.
- Parents are to attend a Baptism class. Class is typically held on either the 1st or 2nd Tuesday of each month. Parents are excused from class if they have attended one previously. Please register for class by calling the Parish Office at 248-623-0274 or by e-mail to email@example.com.
The Role of a Godparent:
According to the Code of Canon Law, “insofar as possible, one to be baptized is to be given a sponsor who is to assist an adult in Christian initiation, or, together with the parents, to present an infant at the baptism, and who will help the baptized to lead a Christian life in harmony with baptism, and to fulfill faithfully the obligations connected with it” (No. 72).
To Register for a Baptism:
Please visit the Parish Center or call us at 248-623-0274 or, for those who prefer to register their child for Baptism electronically, we have provided a fillable pdf form below. Please type in your information and return it to us by:
- Save and email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Print and drop it off at the Parish Center
- Print and drop it in the collection basket at Mass
- Mail it to us at 5481 Dixie Hwy, Waterford, MI 48329