Communion to Sick and Homebound
- If you are currently homebound or sick and would like to receive communion or if you would like to help bring communion to these individuals, please contact Artha Horowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-623-0274.
- Do you have a family member or a friend that could use the grace of a prayer shawl? We have a supply of prayer shawls at the parish center that can be given to a family member in need of prayers. We supply the shawls with prayers to those suffering from grief, illness or other life situations that can be helped with the comfort of knowing others are praying for them. Please contact Artha Horowitz at email@example.com or 248-623-0274 if you need a prayer shawl.
Communion Service or Mass at Canterbury on the Lake
- Every Monday at 2:00pm we hold a communion service or have a Mass at Canterbury on the Lake nursing home. We need volunteers to help bring the patients to and from the chapel and or help with the communion service.
- Please contact the parish via firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-623-0274 to place a person on our prayer list or to have our prayer team pray for them.
St. Vincent de Paul
- Our Lady of the Lakes conference of St. Vincent de Paul meets every second Monday of the month at 10:00am in the parish center. We help those in need in our parish boundaries and work with other churches and agencies to help others in our community. We are always looking for new members to join us.
Help Needed through St. Vincent de Paul
- If you are looking to get help through our St. Vincent de Paul with rent, utilities or other needs, please contact us at Artha Horowitz at email@example.com or 248-623-0274. We will try to respond to you within 24 hours.
- Our Tithing Committee meets approximately 6 times a year. We work with funds designated from our parish budget. We help non-profit agencies with small grants as a way of giving back to others. We give to local, national and international agencies. It is the Committee job to help us make decisions about who we give to. We meet during the day and would love new members.
Seasonal Service Projects
- The Advent and Lent giving tree is put up each season to help the poor. Volunteers help to make the tags, sort and take donated items to agencies.
- Take a sack and bring it back! Twice a year we collect food and nonperishable items to help at Lighthouse of Oakland County. Volunteers needed to prepare bags with flyers and take collected items to the Lighthouse.
- When a parishioner has a funeral at OLL we offer the family a low cost luncheon to help them in their grief. We are always looking for volunteers to help in the ways listed below.
- Donate Food
- Help with set up or clean up
- Pick up meat from grocery store
If you have any questions about Christian Service activities or want to volunteer contact Director of Christian Service Artha Horowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-623-0274.